Wardrobe expansion part two! I thought this fabric would lend itself nicely to a cute gathered skirt, and I wanted to learn how to add side pockets through this project. I also added interfacing to fabric for the first time, and the reinforcement really helped to keep the waistband smooth and flat.
I didn’t pattern-match my fabric for the Adventure Time skirt—I’d already cut my fabric by the time I remembered to do that, and the Adventure Time skirt is offset on both axes, so the shift between panels isn’t noticeable. However, I remembered to pattern-match the fabric for this skirt, especially because the patterns are aligned on the y-axis.
And of course—pockets!
I’m probably going to save the third skirt for later. I also recently ordered a gathering foot, which should make the last two pillowcases I’m making for my couch cushions much faster to sew. 🙂 More updates soon!