- People of Colo(u)r Destroy Fantasy! is now open for submissions until June 15, 2016.
- Axolotl is seeking submissions in Spanish.
- Liminal Stories is looking for first readers.
- Esmé Weijun Wang muses on disability and confidence. I’ve found it hard to keep up with non-disabled friends as I adjust to no longer being able to do late nights and other social events, and I too am still trying to figure out how to balance confidence and disability.
- Corey Alexander discusses centering disabled characters in erotica—the article is applicable beyond erotica as well.
- Nicholas Hune-Brown reports on the reality of home cooking in “If You Are What You Eat, America Is Allrecipes.”
- Cat Rambo provides reasons for writing flash fiction in “Why Write Flash Fiction?” Great overview of flash summarizing many of the points of the flash fiction class I took with Cat Rambo.
- Chuck Wendig discusses anxiety and coping mechanisms in “Hello, I Have Anxiety, How Are You?“
- Sarah Gailey provides a vivid account of what dissociation and being triggered feels like in “Dissociation is scary. Dissociation is safety.“
Twitter Threads and Discussions
- @civilwarbore discusses rural poverty and how it differs from other forms of poverty.
- @MortuaryReport discusses Ehlers-Danlos and the financial difficulty associated with it.
Kickstarters and Fundraisers
- Rachel Swirsky is raising money for Lyon-Martin health services.